We have to work for English and Arabic Languages. We have categorized that there will be following object where we need to work for multilingual applications.
- Static List of Values.
- Data Validation Manger.
- Symbolic Strings.
- Alerts in Browser Script.
- Error Messages in Server Script.
- Email Templates.
- Dynamic List of Values.
Apart from installing the Application set up in both languages and language packs. Some of the facts are like:-
- The Arabic application and English application, both use different Object Managers.
- To compile the SRF also.You need to change the language setting of the Server tools.
- You also need to set one Language parameter at Object Manager level.
- For each static LOV, you need to mention the LOV and Translate Table at Column level.
- Use LookupValue in Calculated Field and TheApplication().InvokeMethod("LookupValue",
) for script.
- For each language,Validation Messages for DVM
- Symbolic Strings for labels on User Interface.
- Object Message Category- Error Messages
- Administration Communication - Email Templates - Languages.
- Choose the right Parent LIC for Hierarchical Picklist Like if the Child is in Arabic then Choose the Parent LIC also as Arabic only(we were careless while doing this and had to face issues)