In our application, we were using Position and Organization based visibility for the Cases. Call Center user creates a record and assign it to an Organization and Position. Then the users who have that position has to work on that case. We needed to show the functionality where multiple users can login into the application.
How we can create multiple users login into Local Database. One of co-author of this blog and my friend Nikhil found something. On behalf of him, I am writing down steps to run some sql commands and multiple users can login into Local databases.
- Open the dbisqlc with User ID Siebel and password of the user with whose Id local was extracted.
- Then in dbisqlc, Grant permissions for users to use the Siebel application.
- Run SQL 'grant connect to SSE_ROLE'.
- Run SQL 'grant connect to
identified by '.
- Run SQL 'grant group to SSE_ROLE'.
- Run SQL 'grant membership in group SSE_ROLE to
must already exist in the database and the must be SSE_ROLE.
and in the grant command must be in UPPERCASE
Sharing is the power.