I will also show you how to Substitute Fields to be used in Email Template.
Steps to Create Email Template
- Navigate to the Administration - Communications screen, then the All Templates view.
- In the Templates list, click New and complete the fields as appropriate for example Name, Channel type, Status.
- In the below Simple template's Pick Available Substitution section, here you can choose the Object like I have chosen HLS Case and in Available Substitution, you can choose the Fields to be used in Email templates. In case the field you want to use is not present, you can put [Object Name.Field Name] for example [HLS Case.Case Num] in the email template. Otherwise, you need to add a BC user property Substitution Field # and put the Value as Name of the Field for that Business Component.
- You can also configure some more parameters in Advanced template View. Please see the difference I encircled.
- Create Activity is used to create activity as soon as the Email Template is used.
- Attach Bookmark is used to attach the active View Link as the Bookmark of the Email.
- Recipient Groups for the recipient of the Emails. I will post how to configure that in another post.
In the similar way, you can configure Templates for other channels like Fax Templates, Phone Templates, Paging Template and Wireless Message Templates.
Now, based on the Object you selected while creating the template, the Template will be coming in the Body dropdown list of the Send Email Popup Applet.
In future post, I will discuss about How to Configure Recipient Groups and auto populate of To field in email. It may requires some configuration in Tools.
Sharing is the Power