Monday, January 25, 2010

Global Target List Management

List Management is a functionality extensively used for Campaign and Surveys.
Apply List and Save List Button which you usually see in Menu Item for the Applet are the two ways to manage Internal Lists.

Siebel provides this feature for entities like Contacts, Accounts, Employee, Positions, Prospects. Let us take an example that I want to do a Email Campaign for Contacts Living in California. I will do a query on state field in All Contact List Applet. Clicking on Save List will give me a popup applet shown below.

I will save the List with a name. List can be seen in the List Management Screen.



The List is ready to be used for campaign. There are many applet where Apply List and Save List buttons are disabled. To enable those button, you may need to configure the User Properties, Link and MVL.
I configured that for Case List Applet
I had created the below things to enable the Save button and work it for me.
  1. A Link between HLS Case and List Mgmt Lists.  
  2. A MVL for HLS Case and List Mgmt Lists
  3. MVF for Id fields.
  4. User Property TargetProp.
  5. List Column for Ids
  6. Applet User property as Save Target List Source1.
For details, please read AppsAdmin.pdf, chapter Global Target List Management.

Sharing is the Power

2 comments:

  1. Do we have any limitation for this process.. I mean the number of records that can be inserted for a list.. In our case .. everytime only 10,000 records are getting inserted...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent blog you’ve got here.It’s difficult to find high-quality writing like yours nowadays. I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!! Please check out my site.
    Email list providers

    ReplyDelete